What happens if I am not receiving my AACDL ListServ messages?
If you believe you are a subscriber to the AACDL listserv but haven’t received mail in a while, one of two things may have happened. You may have changed your email delivery to No Mail or Special Notices only, or your email from the AACDL listserv may have “bounced” (not been received properly) causing Yahoo!Groups to temporarily disable your account.
Messages can be returned for several reasons:
- Your mailbox may be full — try deleting messages from your Inbox and consider using “Daily Digest” rather than “Individual Emails” to reduce the number of messages received and clogging your inbox.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may have a backlog of email to process — contact your ISP to see if they’re experiencing a delay or other technical issues.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be blocking email from Yahoo!Groups — contact your ISP asking them to “white list” (allow) email with AACDL@yahoogroups.com in the “Sender” field.
In many cases, Yahoo!Groups can automatically reactivate your account once the delivery problem is solved. However, in some cases you will need to manually reactivate your account:
- Log in to Yahoo using your Yahoo ID. (http://groups.yahoo.com)
- On the left hand side of the screen, below any Yahoo!Groups to which you are subscribed, click on “All My Groups”.
- Near the top center of the screen, click on “Email Preferences”.
- Under the “Bounce History” heading, click on “Show History”.
- The “Bounce History” screen will appear, indicating the number of bounced email messages. Click on the purple “Send Reactivation Request” box.
- Click “Close”.